ELECTRONICS & INSTRUMENTATION ENGINEERING
The Department of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering (EIE) was established in the year 1998 with an intake of 60 students and it has been producing resourceful engineers for the past 13 years. The main aim of this department is to enhance the knowledge levels and inculcate the fundamental concepts of electronics and instrumentation in the young minds of the budding instrumentation engineers and mould them suitable for diversified positions in industries like manufacturing, pharmaceutical, automation, power plants etc .
The department has well experienced and highly motivated faculty. They have published research papers in national and international journals. They are also encouraged to attend Conferences, Workshops , Seminars and Faculty Development Programmes for enriching their skills on latest trends of technology, in sequence to the enhancement of quality of technical education. The academic ambience of the college instigates the students to get through GATE with flying colours. One of the best rank of the dept. is ALL INDIA 4TH RANK by CH.SILPA NAIDU in GATE-2003 .The department is successful in obtaining GOLD MEDALS at university level, every year. The students are motivated to take part in Co-curricular and Extra-curricular activities. The department organizes apprentice training for students in various industries under different domains and also organizes guest lectures by eminent persons from industry and alumni periodically, in order to expose them to the real time problems.
Programme Offered by the Department :
- B.Tech. in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering - 4 Years - 60 Intake
Prospectus of the Department:
- Capability to apply the concepts of mathematics, science and engineering effectively.
- Capability to identify and formulate the ways to control the systems with computer aided tools.
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineers have a bright future ahead of them as they are needed by almost all Industries in various cadres like Design, Development, Fabrication, Inspection, Quality control, Maintenance and Service.
- Most Software MNC's also feel the importance of Automation in Electronics background and they are looking for recruiting Electronics and Instrumentation Engineers for their mutual concern.
- Many of our students pursue higher education to obtain MS, MBA degrees in foreign universities. Also, Some of the undergraduates are serving the Public sector units such as BSNL, National Thermal Power Corporation(NTPC) Ltd, DRDO, ISRO, BHEL, BEL and etc.
- Achieving excellence in Teaching, Learning and producing technocrats with professional ethics for meeting the challenges of the industries.
The department achieves its vision through:
- A well designed and planned curriculum to acquire knowledge for acquiring industrial competencies.
- Efficient delivery of content by innovative teaching-learning processes and assessment methodologies.
The department is equipped with labs like
- Instrumentation Lab
- Process Control Lab
- Virtual Instrumentatin Lab
- Analytical Instrumentation Lab
- Computer Control of Process Lab
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO’s):
After successful completion of course,
- PEO 1: The EIE graduate will have good career and has the ability to adapt him/herself in instrumentation based companies, or electronic based Companies, or software based companies, or public sector companies or become an entrepreneur.
- PEO 2: The EIE graduate can pursue higher education in India or abroad.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO’s):
The students EIE will be able to
- Explore a solution for complex engineering problems in instrumentation discipline using the basic concepts of engineering , mathematics and science.
- Design and develop Instrumentation based systems for carrying on the processes in the industries that meets the desired requirements, without any human and environmental related issues .
- Follow professional ethics and standards in engineering practice.
- Identify the need in devising methodologies for changing the technological aspects in both electronic and instrumentation industries.
- Work as a member and lead the team in managing the projects of multidisciplinary environment, with the procured knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles.
Sl No Name Qualification Designation D.O.J 1 K. MURALI M.Tech ASSOC. PROF 01.01.09 2 K. VISHWAKSENA REDDY M.Tech ASSOC. PROF 26.01.16 3 Mr. G. Usandra Babu M.Tech ASSOC. PROF 01.06.17 4 V. SARITHA M.Tech ASST. PROF 03.03.16 5 P. SINDHOORI M.Tech ASST. PROF 26.06.12 6 V. SUMANTH M.Tech ASST. PROF 05.12.07 7 SK. NOWSHAD M.Tech ASST. PROF 18.07.08 8 J. MADHU M.Tech ASST. PROF 08.03.16 9 M. PAULVINOD M.Tech ASST. PROF 01.04.16
K. VISHWAKSENA REDDY
Mr. G. Usandra Babu
- Mr.V.Sumanth , SK.Nowshad of EIE Department published a paper entitled “Design and Implementation Of Autonomous Maneuvering Robotic Vehicle Using Global Positioning System For Jamming The Communication During Warfare” in the International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology NOV 2012 ISSN: 2319 - 1163 Volume: 1 Issue: 3 220 - 225.
- Mr.V.Sumanth of the EIE Department published a paper entitled “A Versatile Approach To Implement a Foolproof Security System Using Inertial Micromachined Sensor” in the International Journal of Engineering Science & Advanced Technology DEC 2012 ISSN: 2250 – 3676 Volume: 2 Issue: 6 1702 - 1710.
- Mr.SK.Nowshad of EIE Department published a paper entitled “Analysis of mammogram for the detection of Breast Cancer Using Wavelet Statistical Features” in the IJIPVS DEC 2102.
- Ms.P.Sahithi of EIE Department published a paper entitled ”ROI Segmentation on lung CT Images in Noisy Environment” in the International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology SEP 2013 .
- Mr.V.Sumanth of EIE Department published a paper entitled “Mobile sensing platform for non ionizing radiation measurement” in IEEE Journal MAY 2014.
- Ms.P.Hima Bindu of EIE Department published a paper entitled “Preprocessing of fingerprint for denoising using adhesive threshold based on wavelet transform” in IJSERT OCT-2014.
- Mr.V.Sumanth of EIE Department published a paper entitled “A Reliable ALU Based Test Pattern Generation For VLSI Chips” in GJRA journal MAY-2015.
Workshops Attended by the Faculty
1. Mr.K.Vishwak Sena Reddy,Mr.V.Sumanth & Mr.Sk.Nowshad attended a two week workshop on VLSI RF IC design from 29-1-2017 to 10-2-2017.
2. Mr J.Madhu of EIE dept. attended a two-day workshop on MSP-430 at JNTUA from 25-6-2016 to 26-6-2016.
Conferences Attended by the Faculty
1. Mr K.Vishwak sena reddy of EIE dept. attended an International conference ETICE-2016 at NEC, Nellore.
2. Mr V.Sumanth of EIE dept. attended an International conference ETICE-2016 at NEC, Nellore.
3. Mr SK.Nowshad of EIE dept. attended an International conference ETICE-2016 at NEC, Nellore.
4. Mr MP Vinod kumar of EIE dept. attended an International conference ETICE-2016 at NEC, Nellore.
5. Mr J.Madhu of EIE dept. attended an International conference ETICE-2016 at NEC, Nellore.
1. Department of EIE Organised a one day wokshop on “PLC Training” in association with SSK Delta design Pvt. Ltd. Chennai on 27-3-2017.Mr.Senthil Kumar of the company provided the training.
2. Department of EIE Organised a two day workshop in collaboration with Robosapiens from 24-8-2017 to 25-8-2012.
1. Department of ECE & EIE Organised an International Conference ETiCE-2K16 on 1-6-2016.
1. Department organized a national level technical symposium NECTS-2K17 (Instronics-2017) on 17-3-2017.
Glimpses of "Motivation towards GATE” on 15-07-2017 organized by department of EIE under the Student Association “ASESHA”
Glimpses of "Quiz competition” winners on 29-07-2017 organized by department of EIE under the Student Association “ASESHA”
Glimpses of "Elocution and Group Discussion” competition on 05-08-2017 organized by department of EIE under the Student Association “ASESHA”
Glimpses of "Visit to Pragathi Charities” on 20-08-2017 by department of EIE under the Student Association “ASESHA”
Mr. G. Usandra Babu,
Associate Professor, HOD,
Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering,
Narayana Engineering College,
Muthukur Road, Nellore- 524 004
Contact No.: 9441727101,9100051618